Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

continuing questions about frontpage and Access databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

lshippee

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have imported a database (experimental) into my web site and used the database results wizard to generate the results page with search bar, but not getting the desired end result -- when I enter a value in the search bar and click submit query, it seems to be working but then returns the error -- this page can not be viewed.<br><br>I am wondering if I am missing a piece in step 3 of the wizard, using &quot;more options&quot;, I've added criteria for a search form.&nbsp;&nbsp;A dialogue box &quot;Add Criteria&quot; comes up and I'm wondering what information is supposed to go in the text box for value -- by default, whatever is selected as the field name also shows up as the value -- then that information shows up in code on the finished page (not what I want)<br><br>In general, my understanding about using this wizard is that you import your database and during that process the database connection is created by Frontpage -- the wizard then requests information for generating the results and/or search page (an active server page) according to the database connection that's been created.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there additional programming or scripting required?<br><br>I am just beginning to use this and have several projects that I could use this for if I can get it to work -- thanks in advance for help

I'm still trying to figure out how to make databases work with web sites, too.&nbsp;&nbsp;There appears to be very little information available--as yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, you might find it helpful to go to Microsoft's web site and <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> have a document called Microsoft Office 2000 Web Components White Paper.&nbsp;&nbsp;It has a section on page 7 about why you may not be able to run the web components.<br><br>Some quick highlights:<br><br>1) You're using Netscape<br>2) You're using an older version of IE<br>3) You don't have the web components installed on your machine<br><br>Hopefully, this will help.<br> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

Linda,<br>Thanks for responding.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've been out to the microsoft site even as we speak.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did a search of the knowledge base and came up with a couple of articles I'm still investigating.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a download available, ASP Web Wizard 2000, that looks like it may be some help.<br><br>I am publishing to a remote web server that runs frontpage extensions -- I need to check if it is also &quot;asp ready&quot; -- apparently not to be taken for granted.<br><br>The articles I've looked at say I need to be running MS Personal Web Server to use the web wizard -- I am running it, but I do not use it to publish my site as I publish directly to my remote host.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm now wondering if that could be an issue.<br><br>Thanks for the input.<br><br>Leslie Shippee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back