Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Continuing mast:wk problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter76

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
GB
I have followed the advice in Sidekick FAQ Q15 but the error message still appears and ToDo's do not carry forward.

When I open *INIT.SKW there is no CalTodo section, or any other section - just 7 calendar entries interspersed by strings of non-printing characters. Nor can I find anything like LastEditTime.

There is no file *MAST.SKW, probably because AFAICR, I have never set any goals.

I tried running SK98patch.exe anyway and it made calendar entries, like holidays and anniversaries visible, but that seems to be all it has managed to do.

TIA for any advice

Peter

Dear Peter,
Just to establish some things, which version of Sidekick are you using and on what version of Windows? Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

I am running Sidekick 98 under Windows 2000.

Have been using it, or earlier versions, for many years since Borland introduced it.

Previously ran SDK98 on a Win98SE PC but found this gave resource problems.

Peter

Sorry Jim, I submitted my reply before reading your response to the time problem.

The PC time is correct, ie true GMT for me while SDK98 World Time display is 8 hours ahead.

I had not noticed this before, either on my present Win2K PC or on the Win98SE PC I used several months back. But I rarely look at the world time page unless setting up a reinstallation of Sidekick.

Kind regards,

Peter

You have the Choose as Local time set to a place which is 8 Hours different to your home location.
Check which Clock is Green (in my case its green and different to the other 7 clocks).
I only have SK99 loaded at this very minute but it is the same procedure for all the versions
so
right click on the clock which is in the same TimeZone as yourself and choose it as
Local Time
and then repeat the procedure and choose it as
Home Clock
way to go!!!
or whatever one says in these situations! Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear Peter,
ref the Mast.Wk problem make sure that you are putting the Files from the patch into the right folder.
With SK98 it is usually:
C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick98\Program

Also, make sure you unzip the patch into a folder on your desktop and then open the SK98 Program folder and drag them into that and confirm that you wish to replace the files:
Sidekick.exe
and
yintl.dll
If you have any doubts about where the SK98 program is run from, use Windows Find Files dialog and further to that:
check the properties of any shortcuts that you use to launch the program.
Regards Jim

Dear James,
TVM for both sets of advice, which I have followed.

MAST:wk is looking good. No error messages so far. :cool:

The Time Zone is fixed by pretending that San Francisco is my Home Town, rather than London. All 8 cities on the EarthTime screen are displaying times 8 hours ahead of what they should be.

Curious, but I do not think it will affect my use of Sidekick.

Kind regards,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back