Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contest: Need more attractive title than, "Senior CardioFlex" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Okay folks, here's the deal:

My daughter teaches an exercise class for the "Over-65" set to improve cardio-vascular well being. All the participants love the class...hate the title -- Who wants to be in a "Seniors...Anything".

So, Mr. and Ms. Phelps, your job, should you decide to accept it, is to come up with a much-improved title for her class. My daughter will be the judge...her decision on the winning replacement title is final. The Grand Prize will be the satisfaction of knowing that you won!

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

[red]Congratulations ChrisHunt and DrJavaJoe![/red]

So have your stars!!!

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Santa, Mini, Members of the Academy...

[cry]

What can I say? I'd like to thank my mum, my dad, my pet cat, Dave, Doug, CajunCenturion, Tim Berners-Lee, Al Gore, my boss (who thinks I'm working right now), the people of Leicester, the people of everywhere else, I couldn't have done it without you...

The British are Coming!

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

My congratulations go to SilentAiche as well, for being a winner in both categories.

I know I'm too late, but I still like "The Trim Reaper."

-------------------------
Just call me Captain Awesome.

Congrats to ChrisHunt and DrJavaJoe!! And thanks to Santa and MiniSanta - this was fun.

As the first-and-a-half place winner, I'd like to thank Bacardi, my chair, and uh,... what was the question again?

[purple]Hey, let go of me you stupid rent-a-cops! I don't care if you are security around here! No one told me that only the "first" place guys got to make a speech! This sucks!

THAT DOES IT - I'M SPENDING ALL MY WINNINGS ON CIGARETTES! HA![/PURPLE]

Tim

[blue]______________________________________________________________
I love logging onto Tek-Tips. It's always so exciting to see what the hell I
said yesterday.
[/blue]

[bigglasses]

I would like to thank my parents for raising such a brilliant, handsome, wise and as close to perfect as a man can be, son. Really, I mean it my brother is a great guy.

MiniMufasa, I must say, excellent choice.

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

[surprise]

Thank you, thank you. Please settle down, everyone.

First, I would like to thank my lovely fiancée. I love you, baby. Also, my paren....

What's that? I didn't win anything? I didn't even get an honorable mention? [sadeyes]

Well screw you guys, I'm going home.[evil]

Seriously, though, fine choices in both categories. Great suggestions, guys.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue]
[/tt][red]Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

I'd like to act out my feelings with a scene from the Spongebob Squarepants Movie...

**Drumroll - Winner Annoucement Imminent**
The Academy: Now, before we begin posting, I’d like to announce the name of our contest winner. [the forum claps, craigsboyd cheers obnoxiously from the front row. The Academy clears its throat] Yes, well, anyway… The winner is a loyal, hard-working forum member. [craigsboyd sits anticipating]
craigsboyd: [in his mind] Yes…
The Academy: The obvious choice for the title and the win. [craigsboyd is even more eager]
craigsboyd: [in his mind] He’s right.
The Academy: A name you all know, it starts with a “C”. [craigsboyd is about to explode with anticipation]
craigsboyd: [in his mind] That’s me!
The Academy: Please welcome the winner of our title contest… ChrisHunt and DrJavaJoe! [a banner with their faces on it unfurls. But craigsboyd has become so sure of his win that he explodes with joy anyway]
craigsboyd: YES! YEAH!! [he laughs and shakes ChrisHunt's and DrJavaJoe's hands] Oh, better luck next time, buddies! [he continues whooping and hollering as he makes his way on stage and approaches the podium. The forum is speechless] People of Making an Impression, as the winner of- [The Academy leans over to craigsboyd]
The Academy: Uh… craigsboyd?
craigsboyd: [to forum] Hold the phone, folks, I’m getting an important news flash from the Academy. Go ahead, Academy. [the Academy whispers to craigsboyd] I’m making a complete what of myself? [the Academy continues whispering] THE most embarrassing thing you’ve ever seen? [the Academy continues whispering] And now it’s worse because I’m repeating everything you say into the microphone?
The Academy: Oh, for crying out loud, craigsboyd, you didn’t win the contest!
craigsboyd: What?
The Academy: [slowly] You did not win the contest.
craigsboyd: But… but why?
The Academy: craigsboyd, you’re a great forum member, but I gave the award to ChrisHunt and DrJavaJoe because being the winner of the contest is a big responsibility. Well, let’s face it, they're more… mature than you.
craigsboyd: I’m not… mature?
The Academy: Ah, lad, I mean this in the nicest of ways, but there’s a word for what you are and that word is… uh… now, let’s see…
Forum Member: Dork?
The Academy: No, wait, that’s not right. Not a dork.
SantaMufasa: [in forum] A goofball?
The Academy: Closer, but no, no, no.
Forum Member 2: A ding-a-ling?
Forum Member 3: A wingnut?
CajunCenturion: A knucklehead McSpazatron?
The Academy: Okay, that’s enough. Look, what I’m trying to say is, you’re just a kid. And to be a winner, you have to be a man. Otherwise they’d call it “kid-ner.” You understand-ner? I mean… you understand?
craigsboyd: …I guess so, Academy. [craigsboyd walks away crestfallen into the sunset]

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

I'd like to say...
Code:
IF (there were an unfortunate event such that [b]ChrisHunt and DrJavaJoe[/b] could not fulfil their roles as crowned winners) AND 
   ([b]SilentAiche[/b] closer approximates his monaker) THEN
  (I'll flip [b]CajunCenturion[/b] for the coveted honor)
ELSE
  (WHO will carry the torch????)
END IF

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

You guys are hilarious [roll2]. I've been trying to explain to "MiniMufasa" what manner of folk I'm part of here on MAI, but this thread just about says it all.[jester] Thanks for the fun [so far]. I'm sure there's more to come.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

Oh, yes...there is almost too much fun to be had in trying to imagine CajunCenturion calling ANYONE a McSpazatron!

Congratulations to the winners! Excellent choices, MiniMufasa!
Thanks!
Elanor

When does the 2006 contest begin?

1) [blue]Flex of Gray[/blue] (can't believe we ALL missed that one)

ii) [blue]AeroBic = Flying Lighter[/blue]

3) [blue]This can't be [red]YUGO[/red] - We're RUNNING![/blue]

And as for Skip's comment, I'm not sure if he wanted me to be quiet (that would place him in the majority), or hurt, or go "Huuuuuu." And, I'll have him know that I wear glasses, which are like two monicles..., wait, never mind. Having reread his comments, I'd only say that Ive heard that approximating one's moniker can cause hair to grow on one's palms.

Tim

[blue]______________________________________________________________
I love logging onto Tek-Tips. It's always so exciting to see what the hell I
said yesterday.
[/blue]

CAR6IO VA5CULAR - BE BOLD

Pampers.

You're never too young to learn

the 2006 contest just started

Pampers.

You're never too young to learn

[rofl]

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I have to acknowledge SilentAiche for the "Flex of Gray"!! Brilliant! I know my class will love that one!

We interrupt this program for an important message...No need to wait for the 2006 season!! Our next contest begins NOW in "New MAI Contest -- Name That Business"
thread1256-1128199
. As they say in Utahnics, "OOOFER FUN!!"

And now back to our program already in progress...

Also, thank you to our other after-the-award-show contributor, Pampers. (Sorry, Pampers, my students typically use Depends.)[wink]

Have fun with the new contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back