Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contest: Need more attractive title than, "Senior CardioFlex" 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Okay folks, here's the deal:

My daughter teaches an exercise class for the "Over-65" set to improve cardio-vascular well being. All the participants love the class...hate the title -- Who wants to be in a "Seniors...Anything".

So, Mr. and Ms. Phelps, your job, should you decide to accept it, is to come up with a much-improved title for her class. My daughter will be the judge...her decision on the winning replacement title is final. The Grand Prize will be the satisfaction of knowing that you won!

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

Dave,

I kind of like 52-card(io) pickup.

It involves cards, hearts (cardio stuff), weaks (er, 52 weeks per year, 52 cards per deck, and all that), suits (as in the inevitable law[red]suit[/red]), and, of course, Trumps. Since he probably has his name on that wing of the hospital anyway.

Tim

[blue]______________________________________________________________
I love logging onto Tek-Tips. It's always so exciting to see what the hell I
said yesterday.
[/blue]

How about...

Gray Power
Ancient Aerobics
Golden Years Fitness Program

-George

Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Fortune cookie wisdom

How about CardioFlex for the Chronologically Advanced?

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Keying off of Tim's entertaining train of thought, how about:

Card(io) Sharks?

I'd join a group named that and I wouldn't feel "age segregated" or chronologically challenged.

If there's any running involved, how about Running From The Reaper?

Or is that too morbid?

Old Fart Heart Start?

How about some play on "Golden Years"... "Hearts of Gold" comes to mind, but I'm not sure that's obvious enough.

My grandpa always talked about his "ticker"; I think that's an idiom for heart that only older ones use. So, how about "Ticker Tune-up"? Ticker Kickers?

Thomas D. Greer

Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

Geriatric Gymboree
CardioFlex for Youngsters 65 and Over

Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'.

COG - Cardio for the Oldies but Goodies

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Silver Foxes Heart Club 'n' Bran
-but she'd have to start serving ceral.

(That was supposed to be a Beatles reference)

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue]
[/tt][red]Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

A) [blue]"I've Senior Butt, and it's Flabulous"[/blue]
2) [blue]"Elder Bury Whine"[/blue]
C) [blue]"The Trim Reaper"[/blue]
4) [blue]"Coot, Scoot & Boogie?"[/blue] (my personal favorite)

Tim

[blue]______________________________________________________________
I love logging onto Tek-Tips. It's always so exciting to see what the hell I
said yesterday.
[/blue]

Coot, Scoot & Boogie is good.

--------------
Good Luck
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Dave
my 0.02,

Just call it an exercise class, nothing more, nothing less, peeps can't be offended by that.

My Mom & Dad are regular attenders at a "Heart Attack Class", and it's modus operandi is similar to your daughters, though first impressions are that it's about training to have a "proper" cardio episode.

Myocardial Infarctions aside, "MI-2, this time it's personal", might be a nice touch ;-)

--Paul

Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

I guess nobody would be offended if you choose a positive title for the class, maybe something like:
[ul]
[li]Heart Jubilee[/li]
[li]CardioBliss[/li]
[li]CardioCheers[/li]
[li]Heart Delights[/li]
[li]CardioRefresh[/li]
[li][heart] Happiness[/li]
[li]CV Buzz[/li]
[/ul]
Even I would like to go to such a class. [thumbsup2]

Nope. I still like "Coot, Scoot & Boogie".

The title even comes with its own song in a peppy 3/4 time. Santasdottir could use that as the first music played during each session.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

There are so many excellent suggestions. My daughter is monitoring all the suggestions (she is "MiniMufasa" on the "Who's Marked This Thread" list above) and has even presented the first batch of your great contributions to her class yesterday. The class members just hooted with glee at all your suggestions. (They did not hear the Coot, Scoot, & Boogey entry, however...Her class was early Friday morning, so the last entry they heard was Sam's Running From The Reaper. So there are a lot of great entries for them yet to hear...I personally like Tim's other entry, I've Senior Butt, and it's Flabulous. Trying saying it aloud for full effect.[smile])

Knowing that you would have more great suggestions during the next few days, I suggested that the class and my daughter hold off on their final decision for a little bit longer.

I'll have her post the results after you have had a little bit longer to contribute.

Great work ! [2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[ Providing low-cost remote Database Admin services]
Click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips if you use Oracle in Utah USA.

Oldies but Goodies... an' Gettin' Better!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back