Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contents of listbox do not show upon opening the Db 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BvCF

MIS
Nov 11, 2006
Hopefully, this is not a nonsensical question,

Upon entering the database, the contents of the listbox on the page within the multi-tabbed form is not displayed.

After clicking on one of the option buttons (that I use to sort the contents of the listbox), the contents now appear.

Any suggestions as to a solution.

thanks.

I might be mis-reading this, and I apologise if I have, but have you tried a requery command of your listbox, on the forms open and/or load properties.

eg:
Private Sub Form_Load
ListData.Requery ' Where ListBox name is "ListData
End Sub

hope this helps

Cheers, Supanoods B-)
"If it aint broke - dont fix it!

How are ya BvCF . . .

Maybe this: Open the form in design view, select the listbox, then [blue]menubar[/blue] - [blue]Format[/blue] - [blue]Bring to Front[/blue].

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

List2.Requery" did not work but "Me.List2.Requery" did.

Therefore, should I always have "Me" precede the control name when I use requery?

As far as my understanding of 'Me' goes, it makes reference to the current form/report, where as if you need to refer out of your current form/report you would use a full reference like this (in your case):

[Forms]![YourForm]![list2].Requery

Personally. I use full commands all time - but that’s just my preference, not necessarily the right way!

Cheers, Supanoods B-)

Upon revisiting this issue, the problem remains.

I entered Me.List2.Requery in the Open Form event and also in the On Load event. The contents of the listbox still does not show unless the end-user selects one of the radio buttons at the top of the listbox. Note, the radio buttons are used to sort the listbox. I have 6 radio buttons that the end-user can select to sort the listbox.

Any clue as to what the problem and solution is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

What happen if you set a DefaultValue to the frame hosting the radio buttons ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I have in the past used a button to sort, as a default within the forms OnOpen/OnLoad properties had a VB cmd to click the button I want, so it is seemless on the forms opening.

Cheers, Supanoods B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back