Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contents Invisible in Cardfile/Contacts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steppermc

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
I use SK99 v 6.01 on Win98 SE2

This problem just came up: contents of my cardfile cannot be seen - the index list is completely gray with only "1/xxx cards" and on the right it's all white. I know the file still exists because I exported it to Excel and all the contents is still there.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Carl

Dear Steppermc,
Close and reopen the cardfile.
If that fails, close it and then if the Excel file is current (up to date) export it from Excel to a .csv or Tab Delimited Text .txt File and then reimport it to Sidekick
using a different name and then delete the original and Save it back under that name. Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Thanks for your response, Jim.

I've already tried closing/reopening and exporting/importing the cardfiles which didn't solve the problem. I should add that this problem affects all cardfiles (including the sample ones) and also the index list in Memos. The Calendar works fine.

While checking for other problems, I think I found the culprit. The font setting for the cardfile and Memo index, for some reason, was turned into gibberish. I reset the font settings and everything reappeared.

Dear Steppermc,
It sounds like something happened in your Fonts folder!
Did you install or uninstall any fonts recently?
Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear all,
I have just tried to log on to Starfish's Main Site and it seems that there is no way in to the Sidekick section so download any of the pages you can find of the Help files and save for viewing offline.
The only way of getting into the site now appears to be through the links on our FAQ page here.
FAQ807-2098 Regards Jim

See the FAQ pages for current links to Sidekick Dowmloads especially:
faq807-2098

Regards Jim

Dear All,
Check out the following FAQ for the Program (etc) Download Address:
faq807-3761

Regards Jim

Dear steppermc,
and anyone else having similar problems,
See the following thread for the answer to a similar problem by clicking on the link:

thread807-720094

Regards Jim

I had the biggest fright this morning when my address book seemed to disappear. (My memo list also went blank.)

Steppermc's insight that it was the Font settings saved the day. When I opened it the card list font was set at 10,000 or so. And no font was selected. I made some guesses at what appropriate settings should be. I cannot seem to remember what I had before, which is what came by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back