Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Content Print.css

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2005
US
I took over this website and the developer before me created this content_print.css. When I go to the website it is only printing the content of the website. How do I modify the code or get rid of this print.css so that when I go to the website, and hit print, it prints exactly like the website. Please assist. I am new with css.

You could simply remove the reference to print.css, but the site will likely still not print exactly the same as the browser view. As a default, background colors are not printed along with a number of other differences.
Why would you want navigation, etc. to show up on the printed output?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

How about the gif. on the website. Will it print out if I remove the print.css reference? How do I make it so that it prints everything like a print screen?

Or alter the css file to print everything inc the bg so that it looks like you want

[Peace][Pipe]

Without seeing the code, I'm going to guess that you might find multiple <style> tags between your <head> tags similar to below:

<style type="text/css" media="screen">@import url(content.css);</style>

<style type="text/css" media="print">@import url(content_print.css);</style>

If this is the case then:

1) take out everything including and in between the opening and closing style tags where you see attribute
media="print" and

2) remove the attribute media="screen" from the other opening style tag only.

Here is the code. What should I do?
<style type="text/css">
@import "edn/2006/template.css";
@import "edn/2006/turn_alerts_on_and_off.css";
@import "edn/2006/menu.css";
</style>

<!-- Modified by -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="it2/itsd/style/style_content_screen.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="it2/itsd/style/style_content_print.css" />

also another question, it doesn't print out the gif.. The originator create the website using crimson editor. so now when I open in Dreamweaver, the gif doesn't show up but on the website it does.

Delete this line:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="it2/itsd/style/style_content_print.css" />

Take out the red part of the following but keep everything else:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="it2/itsd/style/style_content_screen.css" />

Then see if your .gif will print.

The gif doesn't even show up when I view design in Dreamweaver.

<div class="com_company_main-content-well">
<div class="img_banner_home"></div>

but it doesn't show the image in design view. Any idea?

The image is apparently assigned in the css, so dreamweaver won't show it unless you 'review in browser'.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

okay.. so how come it doesn't print?? I really need help to print the gif..

Google 'html print background image' and check the first couple links for several ways. Couldn't post the actual link here.

Greg

I got it. Thanks so much everyone. This is an awesome forum with awesome people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back