Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Content Management & application integration 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdw6708

Vendor
Jun 22, 2000
US
There hasn't been too much activity in this forum. Thought I would see if anyone has experience with content management or integration. I have done comparison analysis for both categories. I have heard presentations from the top content management companies and have spoken with numerous integration companies. If anyone would like to discuss the pros and cons of either e-business segment feel free to e-mail me.
Regards,
Dave Waters
davy.waters@asu.edu

Hello, and Happy 2001.

I am working for a company that is ramping up in e-procurement and e-commerce for customers who subscribe, and can get prices on commodities (wholesale and retail) ...

Our database has problems as you can probably guess. Design and content are a mess. That is why I am not "advertising" our biz or our site. I am in the QA section and with my MS in information science (academic rather than technical) I can see where the problems began and why they are continuing.

Our MIS boss is aware of these problems and I have a dialog with him frequently. our answer may be XML.

However, the olde computer saying "garbage in garbage out" ... I find the initial problems with data entry (Lack of experience of people who categorize stuff) and QC (lack of effective scrubbing tools from customer input) ...

If you would like to discuss this further, let me know. Would appreciate everyone's input.

satindoll5

The contact management program is the answer to my database management problems but being self taught its been trial and error. Was working beautifully inputting the data until today when I started receiving error messages stating the table I tried to open "isnt an index.... Look in the Indexes collection of the tabledef object to determine the valid index names" I closed it down to restart and now cannot even open it up - God I wish I was a programmer but Im only a nurse trying to keep track of my patients. Can anybody offer advice? Im desperate as its 2 years of trial and error.

Is this a database problem or is it a network problem as it is on a hospital network that I am working in. no trouble with other practise databases Ive used but this one is the one I need.
kkrevet@harthosp.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back