Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Content IE5 - virtual memory too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

adfk

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
SE
I have a bunch of files in my temporary files folder that cannot be removed. The are 3.25 GB large. They have strange filenames like for example §`. I have tried to run chkdsk but it doesn´t find any problems.

What should i do?

My virtual memory is also too low. I keep getting these messages that I have too little memory. I try too change it but nothing happens, it´s still 0 MB in page file.

What can i do to fix this?

The folder cannot be removed because of the files. I have the latest IE6..

Try changing the location of the temporary internet files but do not copy the files when it asks you to.

Launch IE
Navigate to:
Tools --> options --> Temporary Internet Files --> Settings

Click on the Move Folder Button. Choose a location to store the temporary internet files.
DO NOT MOVE the current files to the new location.

When IE exits. Delete the old Temporary Internet Files Location.

Have you tried deleting in safe mode? What error do you get when you try to delete?

Does running Disk Cleanup from System Tools work. Your Recycle Bin might be too small to delete files of this size.

This article contains information on how to recreate your paging file.

317277 - You Receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" Message After Every Restart

How to Configure Paging Files for Optimization and Recovery in Windows XP (Q314482)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back