Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContactStore Upgrade 7.2.09 to 7.8.16 / Wizard gets interrupted after clicking 'Ok/Yes' to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

msprakes

Technical User
Mar 13, 2014
GB
Every time I try and run the setup.exe, after I click yes the installation wizard immediately shows that it was interrupted and doesn't complete, leaving me with the only option of clicking finish.
It doesn't pop up with another window showing 'No data' like what's mentioned on other threads.
I've tried stopping the service in administrative tools and un-installing and re-installing 7.2.09 first but to no avail.

Anyone any ideas?

Hi msprakes,

What OS is installed on the server and service packs?

LairdyBoy

Server 2003 R2
Standard Edition
Service Pack 2

How would I erase temp folders, just by browsing to C:\WINDOWS\temp and deleting everything you mean?

Yes and don't forget the %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Temp folder, that is the most important one.

This didn't work

What exactly do you mean by %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\temp?

Is that just another different temp folder somewhere I need to empty you mean?

I understand searching for a folder with the file path beginning with C:\
but not '%HOMEPATH%\AppData....

Something else to note, I didn't want to risk deleting anything in the temp folder I shouldn't so used 'C Cleaner' to clean up temp folder, as I trust that.

C Cleaner didn't delete everything though so I have my suspicions there are some files that are integral to Windows, is this correct or can I just manually delete everything in there, I don't want to break the server?

Just delete everything, files in use cannot be deleted.

Nah this didn't work

Any more ideas as this is driving me insane?

I'm trying to upgrade to view the audit trail for historical events going back prior to the upgrade, the older versions don't have an option to view anything.

Would a log of these still be kept in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back