Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContactStore running free trial even after license installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhhClem

Technical User
May 11, 2010
US
Greetings all,

I've recently installed a new IP Office system, R9.1, with Essential and Preferred Editions, as well as ContactStore R7.8. The ContactStore license is product number 275623 and calls itself "VMPro Recordings Administrator" in the license name field in Manager. I installed ContactStore about a week before purchasing the license, as I was unsure whether it would work. It all works fine except that we're stuck with the "This software is running under a 90 day free trial and will expire on April 26, 2016...." I installed the license about a week after installing ContactStore and the first recordings have long gone by, but the free trial message persists.

Has anyone else seen this one?

Thanks in advance.

SiriusVoiceRep

There is no trial license to delete. I never installed one, only the ContactStore license I mentioned. ContactStore will run without a license for 90 days from install. I can attach a picture of the license page that I took earlier, but it shows the key number and maybe that's not appropriate. The only licenses installed are: Essential Edition, Preferred Edition, 2 Universal PRI (Additional Channels), a Preferred Edition Additional Ports (4) and the VMPro Recordings Administrators for the ContactStore. That's it.

Just speculating here; I know the server was rebooted after the installation of ContactStore, but I'm not sure if it's been rebooted since I installed the license for ContactStore. The documentation seems to indicate that the warning clears after the first recording, but that hasn't been our experience. Could rebooting the server clear the message?

Just to be clear, the Admin suite, VMPro and ContactStore are on the same machine, but ContactStore is on the E: drive while everything else is on C:. The OS is Win 2008 Server.

Thanks

Is this notification in system status? You don't make it clear.
[ul]
[li]If it is red, it is a valid, current message, cannot be deleted and should be actioned. [/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]If it is black, it is a historical message. It can be deleted because it is no longer a valid message. The timer will possibly however, continue to count down.[/li]
[/ul]

I've been donating to support world hunger for years.
Then I found out they were feeding them.

Thanks for responding. No, the notification is in the ContactStore window when your logged into it via browser. It's a notification that the timer is running on the free 90 day trial.

Reboot everything.

I've been donating to support world hunger for years.
Then I found out they were feeding them.

I've seen that. It just runs for the 90 days, then looks for the license, and keeps going if it finds one.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Reboot everything. Its not quite clear from your last post if you did the reboot.
Had a similar problem and the reboot of everything resolved the issue.

Thanks All. Rebooting everything sounds like a good plan. I'll give that a try and report back. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone, that did the trick. Rebooting the server alone, which I tried first, didn't work. So, I rebooted the IP Office then the server and it worked.

Thanks again. [thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back