Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContactStore - Failed to compress 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

assist24

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2006
GB
Hello,

I'm getting this error coming up on CS 7.8.16, after re-installing it on a new partition. Was working fine with VMPro8, but needed to move to new partition. Since moving, it's coming up with this error and literally generated millions of xml files. The error log shows:

[MSG3504757348.wav] [null]
2012-01-23 08:26:52,999 [CSIPO thread] WARN com.swhh.util.wave.WavParser - unknown wav block type: ALCH
2012-01-23 08:26:52,999 [CSIPO thread] ERROR com.swhh.cscm.engine.NGAFileSystem - bad wav file format tag: 100
2012-01-23 08:26:52,999 [CSIPO thread] ERROR com.swhh.cscm.admin.Alarms - Alarm raised alarms.file.compressfailed

In the alarms and events, it says the reason for failed to compress is unknown.

The registry did not already contain the key to the VRL folder, so I've added it, but made no difference. The permissions for the VRL folder are set to allow everything.

These are installed on the same server. Originally VMPro installed on C:\ and Witness installed on F:\, and the witness recordings folder on F:\ too. Both apps now installed on G:\, but with the Witness recordings folder (not the VRL) still on F:\.

I can't think of anything else I can do!

Had to move off C:\ as there was no space left.

Help, it's driving me mental.

R

Similar problem here but without the compress message - adding several hundreds of lines to the main cscm.log a minute

2012-01-24 10:35:57,359 [CSIPO thread] INFO com.swhh.cscm.recording.Recorder - UCID:null INUM:890001000349835 inserted into database OK
2012-01-24 10:35:57,421 [CSIPO thread] WARN com.swhh.util.wave.WavParser - unknown wav block type: ALCH

All sorts of things have since gone wrong and and I've had to rebuild the server. Even after that I was getting the same problem, but then realised that I hadn't installed the verified recordings patch. Didn't think it was essential, I was wrong!

As soon as this was installed, sorted! And now I just feel really stupid........

does CS reside on the same machine as VM Pro still?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Mine are still on the same server but on separate partitions. Vmpro and ccr on e: and cs on f:. Ccr database on the data partition d:. Let's see what happens when I install one-x!

Do not mix 1XP and CCR or you will get bitten one day!!!
I have done it and have been bitten once but never again!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back