Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ContactStore archiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereklindo

Technical User
May 5, 2012
BM
Hi all,

My customer currently has all recordings being stored to an external HDD. The IT guy has finally given me sufficient space on an internal HDD. I am going to switch the CS setting to point at the Internal HDD to save recordings to.
Is it as simple as copy and paste the existing files to the new internal HDD or should I archive those files?

If I archive them, how do you playback those files if they are stored on a DVD or stored on another HDD?

Derek

experience with changing the storage path.. not very pleasant, make sure you dis the ACTIVE one before adding the new one. to my knowledge calls are still played back from HDD until you start over writing them.

So I spoke with Avaya Tech support this morning and the tech said I should be able to copy and paste the existing files onto the new internal drive and direct all future recordings to it without any conflicts.

Is it safe to assume he is correct?

DDFSA, what do you mean by "dis the ACTIVE one"?

If you have archived files to a DVD, how do you play them in say 2 months time? Does the archiving process install a player on the DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back