Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacts in ADUC

Status
Not open for further replies.

acford

MIS
Nov 12, 2003
GB
Hello,

We are running a native 2k3 domain, recently I have noticed that when using ADUC any OU with 'contacts' in now shows them in the treeview (i.e. expands the OU in the treeview) and the right hand pane. This is new and never used to happen, do any of you know why? The only change I can think of was a schema update to support some w2k8 stuff... connected?!?

Ta
Andrew.

Open "Active Directory Users and Computers," click 'View' and select 'Customize...' from the drop-down menu. In the 'Cusomize View' dialog box, see if the 'Console tree' option is checked off under the 'MMC' options. This is what enables/disables the tree view structure you are seeing.

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

No, that is not what I mean.

I have an OU called 'Contacts', if I highlight it all my contacts show up in the right hand pane. However there is a + meaning I can expand it, if I do all the contacts are displayed in the treeview, the same as sub OUs would be displayed.

uncheck the Users, Groups, and Computers as Containers in the right click view option

That option was not checked, when I do, I can see that user / computer objects etc expand in the treeview, but when this is not ticked contacts still expand when nothing else does... it doesn't bother me too much, I was just curious as to why this is now happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back