Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacts, And how the name is displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wadoki

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
In Outlook 2K when I click on a new mail message, then the TO: button, select my Contacts, the Contacts are displayed, First Name, Last Name. i.e. John Smith. I want them to be displayed Last Name, First Name. i.e. Smith, John. In my contacts I have them set the way I want under "File As" but that doesn't change my view when trying to add a contact to am e-mail.

Is there any way to change the display of contacts while tring to add them to an e-mail?

Even though you specified "File As" -> Last name, first
name, that doesn't do it. When you create the contact, don't just fill in the entire name in the Full Name field.
You actually have to click Full Name and fill out the
individual fields in order for it to be displayed as you
want it.

Hope this helps.

Go to TOOLS/SERVICES.Highligh OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK, properties and under SHOW NAMES BY changed to FILE AS(last name,first)

What pnetjus suggested works great.

One problem remains:
You're in a new message form,
You want to address your message to someone in your contact list,
You type the first letters of the contact's lastname...
You expect your cursor will highlight that name in the list...
But nothing happens... (yes, I know you can still scroll down the list, but I love shortcuts..)

Any hope?

Christine Christine Simard
FARPNQ
Montreal, Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back