Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contacting Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathrudden

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
I need to contact Symantic and change e-mail address so I can get the subscription key for the subscription that I made on-line.

There is no way to contact them. If I say I want to phone them I get into a down load loop of installing more garbage on my computer.

If I go to I can't find anything about my account. Can't update the account I just opened.

If I bring up my Norton anti virus it won't go into the renewal process any more.

Before I have a stroke, will someone please give me a link to Symantic where I can update my account and get the subscritpin key I need to update my software.

Thank you.

well the gold support phone number is; 0207 744 0062
Maybe worth giving this a call and asking for a different numebr after explaining your problem perhaps?

Paul

Your problem is your inability to spell. It's:

S Y M A N T E C

Not:

S Y M A N T I C

This is especially a problem because internet squatters snatch up misspellings of the sites of all major companies in order to trick people who can't spell into buying their stuff, downloading spyware or viruses, or having their personal information stolen. Symantic.com redirects you to a site with some cheap antivirus software called "WinAntiVirus."

Also, the gold number won't do you any good because you have a subscription, which means you're using Norton AntiVirus, not the Corporate Edition. Totally different beasts. Go here instead, and click Subscription Troubleshooter:

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Thanks for the link. That's another loop.

Enter the problem: "How do I change my email address. You have wrong e-mail address."

Get the answer: "Look at the address that the email was sent to. You will use this email address to connect to your account in the Renewal Center. In the email, there is a link to the Symantec Renewal Center."

Catch 22. I can't look at the address in the e-mail they sent me because I didn't get it because the problem is that I gave them the wrong e-mail address in the first place.

Again, I'm at a dead end. Their web site gives you an option to contact them but there is no way to contact them. All it leads to are endless searches of their useless data base.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

Hmm, I looked at it and clicked the phone support option, and selected Norton AntiVirus 2005 (since I don't know what your version is) and it took me here:

And that's a list of phone numbers, so there you go.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back