Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Store Search & Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPScec

Programmer
Aug 14, 2007
US
Is it possible to search and replay messages through IE from a PC on the network other than the contact store server? I have only been able to hit the contact store at the PC I have it loaded on and with the compression rate within contact store, have not been able to replay stored recordings on any other computer than the server that has the contact store software loaded and running. I have read through the contact store manual multiple times and just find it lacking in details on this. Any help is very much appreciated.
Thank you.

how are you trying to connect to the contactstore server?

the first time you try and use t from a pc other than the server it will download some witness bits and pieces (i think thats the technical term) and then you are good to go

You must make sure the browser settings are not to restrictive. Make sure the remote browsers are allowed to install the active-x controller software when first connecting to the server. Also, when connecting to it from the server itself, it uses the name local host in the address string. This must be changed to the actual name of the pc or IP when connecting from another pc. Also, (Stating the obvious) make sure windows firewall is turned off for inbound connections.

ACS IPO-I

Thanks for the info. I will work on it tomorrow afternoon and hopefully should be able to get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back