Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Store / Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

2259r

Programmer
Jan 11, 2012
GB
Hi All,

Is there any way to stop IP Office displaying a 'Recording' message on the station when VMPro Auto-Record (to ContactStore) is running?

Basically so the staff member isn't aware their station is being recorded?

Thanks.

No, you are legally obliged to tell both parties anyway (in most countries) :)

Untitled-1.png

No problem, thought that would be the case.

They inform the caller about recording via an IVR message before connecting them, and the staff know they are being recorded but they wanted to reduce the amount of staff being recorded without them noticing.

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciated as always :)

Ahh that sounds like a plan ... Will try it out tomorrow.

Thanks both!

Indeed you need to change that setting.
You also can turn of the notification "Your call is being recorded" from VMPro although legal stuff must be takes care off!!!!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

>No, you are legally obliged to tell both parties anyway (in most countries)

In the UK - you do not have to tell them at the start of the call. I believe that including teh disclaimer on a website or terms and conditions etc is enough (although IANAL)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

We arte uk based and researched this all you need is IT REFERENCED ON YOUR t&c`S ON YOURE WEB SITE , turn off in prefrences in vm pro thats the real annoying one.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

In the cold north , Manchester sorry i started SHOUTING in my post its friday madness not enough coffee

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back