Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact Store and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

namesrhard2pick

Technical User
Nov 26, 2007
US
Hello,

Is anyone having or had issues with ContactStore and Windows 7, specifically playing back recordings? Two users were recently upgraded to Windows 7 from XP and since then they are unable to listen to recordings. I see the timeline moving but don't hear any sound. I confirmed speakers are working with other sources.

Thanks

Do sounds within IE ( i assume you're using IE) work on other website like youtube? If not, click the speaker icon on the task bar and go to mixer. When sound is playing using the browser, it will show under "applications" in the mixer and allow you to adjust volume for that application. Check to see if IE is muted/low.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

What version of Contact Store are you running?
Version 7.2.09 is not compatible with windows 7.

Below are the some troubleshooting tips from the contact store manual if you are running the latest version 7.8.16.

The Search and Replay page downloads an ActiveX control, which it uses to decompress the audio for replay. If your default security settings prohibit downloading such controls, you need to provide a means of getting the ActiveX control to your users' desktops. Internet Explorer (IE) determines rights by putting web servers into zones and then granting those zones specific rights.
To access and use the page, the zone needs the following rights:
• Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
• Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.
• ActiveX Scripting.
• Download signed ActiveX controls.
• On Windows Vista you must also clear the Enable Protected Mode checkbox.

Your Intranet zone and/or the Trusted Site zone may already be assigned these rights. If so, you need to verify that the ContactStore is in one of these zones.
You can add ContactStore to a Trusted Site or Intranet zone.

To add ContactStore to Trusted sites:
1. In the Control Panel, open Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click the Trusted sites icon.
4. Click Sites.
5. Uncheck the require HTTPS box (unless you are using HTTPS/SSL).

6. Enter the URL of the ContactStore server and click Add. Internet Explorer does not recognize that a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) and IP address are the same; you must add the URL to the list exactly as you type it in the address bar.
7. Click OK.

To verify that you have configured the Zone information correctly, the icon on the lower right side of the IE status bar should show Trusted Site instead of Internet.

To add ContactStore to a Local intranet Zone:
1. In the Control Panel, open Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click the Local intranet icon.
4. Click Sites.
5. Click Advanced.
6. Uncheck the require HTTPS box (unless you are using HTTPS/SSL).

7. Enter the URL of the ContactStore server and click Add. Internet Explorer does not recognize that a certain Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) and IP address are the same; you must add the URL to the list exactly as you type it in the address bar.
8. Click OK.

Calls listed but cannot play them
If you can see the list of calls that matched your search criteria, but cannot actually play them, look at the area at the top of the browser page where the "graph" of the audio normally shows and match your symptoms to one of the following:
1. No Audio "graph"
This means that the call has not been retrieved from the recorder or DVD disk or has not reached the client PC.
• Check the server logs for errors.

• Note the call's 15 digit reference number. (This number is shown as the default file name if you click on the Export button). Search for that .wav file in the recording storage path.
• Check connectivity and available bandwidth to the client PC.
• Check the Multimedia on your PC.
2. Audio graph stops in mid call
This implies that the transfer of data from the ContactStore server to your client PC has been stopped or interrupted.

• Request the same call again. There may have been a temporary network problem.
• Request a different call. If the problem is only with one call, you may have a corrupt file on your hard disk.
• Request the problem call from another PC on the same network. If the other PC can retrieve it successfully, assess the differences between the two client PCs; the problem is most likely at the client end.
• Request the problem call from different sub-nets, ideally working closer to the ContactStore.
• Request the call from the ContactStore server's own browser. If this works and the others don't, then the problem is likely to be in the network between server and clients.
3. Audio graph appears but no sound
The audio file has reached the client PC successfully; the problem is most likely to be with the PC's multimedia setup or current settings.

• Verify that the PC has a sound card.
• Play a .wav file through Media Player or similar application to verify that the sound card is set up correctly.
• Set any hardware volume and/or mute controls on the speakers/headphones to maximum volume.
• Double-click the icon in the system tray at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to verify that the PC's software volume controls are not set to mute or very low.
• Ensure you are not running any other programs that may be locking the sound card exclusively. If in doubt, shut down all other programs.
• Try another similar PC. If that works, look for differences in the multimedia setup of the two PCs.

Are you using the authenitcated recordings patch?

If so this is a known bug (currently have Tier 4 creating a PB for us) that we have tested on two customers, our own system and Scansources demo kit.

We originally thought it might have been Windows 7 related as it is not supported, which is why we tested it in house on a supported OS, which meant Scansource would investigate.

| ACSS SME |

HI I have been having this same issue with Windows 7 and the plug in. Whenever you start the plugin i.e. try to play back a file the ie9 browser crashes and restarts. Is there a fix for this issue.

regards

paul

As above, is it authenticated recordings?

If so you need the patch that has been release. Scansource and ourselves tested it after reporting this issue and can advise it fixes the issue.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77,
Is this patch available publicly yet? I can not seem so find it on Avaya's support site anywhere. Is this something you could upload to an ftp server?

Thanks
Jamie

It should be available - if not you just need to ask your BP to get you the Contact Store Authenticated Recordings Patch.

| ACSS SME |

The only patch I see is one from March 2011. I've applied this and I'm still having crashes with IE on Win7. I was hoping there was a newer patch out that would fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back