Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

contact pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2004
US
What would be the best method to implement a contact page that will be able to send mail to a selected department(sales, accounting, etc.)?

We have been getting a ton of spam, due to my boss not wanting to remove the email addresses from the website. I know I can use a drop menu to select who to send the email to on a contact form but are there any other methods or is that the best option?

Thanks

If you handle emailing from the site itself (like with sendmail), then the email addresses are never seen by those email harvester programs and people.

Lee

From a design perspective, a drop-down box is the obvious choice. You might also allow to the page to take the department in the query string, so that you can have links to directly contact a specific department. Based on the query string, your server-side script could either pre-select that department in the drop-down, or simply not display the drop-down at all.

We obfuscate both the email addresses and the text attached to them. We also use javascripts which seems to work well. There are many free programs out there to obfuscate your work.

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back