Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact List Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby55

Technical User
Jun 27, 2003
CA
Hello

I have a new computer and I transferred my files from one to the other. I am running Outlook 2002 on both.

I was having problems finding my contacts file but searched the database and found I needed to tick the "show this file as an e-mail address book" which is fine. My problem however is that when selecting the "to" button on a new e-mail I get the message "the address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address book see Outlook help". Note: the Help was helpful!!

Once I select OK then I can select the proper contacts list and the person I wish to contact but that is an extra step or 2 and doesn't make sense.

Hopefully some on this site is! Thanks for any help.

Thanks.

Shelby

If you open the address book through the tools menu, you need to go to advanced and ensure that all defaults are pointing to the correct contacts list.

I hope this helps! If not, let me know as I am not at my machine and unable to get the exact steps to fix this (doing it from memory!)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back