Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact LDAP on avaya IP office plug-in 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabi42

Technical User
Jul 16, 2015
FR
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to have the ldap contact in Avaya IP Office Plug-in as they are available in onexportal but not in outlook ?

Thanks you.

Gabi

Hello, did anybody know a answer?

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

if the answer is not "no" can you tell me?

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

If you set the LDAP search up in the OneX Portal administration and its working, I'd think there's a choice in the outlook plugin between "system contacts" and "my personal contacts already in my outlook" as well as "LDAP contacts that OneX Portal searches in Active Directory".

the ldap search is anabled and working, but searching in the plugin no entrys found. is the ldap search general working over the plugin? Hope yes but not shure because in the help is nothing writen about ldap search with the plugin...

The plugin gets the data from the One-X server which is connecting to the LDAP server and passing the data to the plugin.
If it doesn't show in the plugin then check if it shows in the web page.
If it is available in the webpage then maybe a firewall might distupt proper operation.

I just thought... is the plugin maybe different and you need to define LDAP search parameters client-side in the plugin rather than leave it to the server?

I know other clients like Communicator permit/require that. Maybe its a server side feature from portal in the browser but a client side feature in the Outlook Plugin

Hello, on the 1XP Webpage i can search for Users, that´s OK. But make the same search over the Plugin, no results are displayed.
Kyle555: that´s the point. No definitions available in the Plugin for LDAP...

Hello,

I'm interesting by this problem. I'ld like to contact LDAP trought Outlook Plug-in.

If somebody have a solution....

Best regards.

Sebastien

cleard by Avaya - work as designed:
in the Plug-In can´t connect a LDAP Server and it don´t search in the Server LDAP connection!
You can connect LDAP directly in Outlook (Adressbook). Problem here: with this connection you can not dial out over the Action Button. Avaya means: a Outlook Problem, call Microsoft.... pah!

Now i use the global Adressbook from Outlook. Not nice, but it works for me...

Does not work as you expect -> works as designed!

Did you ever try to lookup the name of an inbound caller in outlook plug-in?

I mean only with the IPO Directory

Correct... Makes really sense to have an outlook plugin that is not possible to find a match between caller ID and outlook contacts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back