Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact id protocol alarm

Didake

Technical User
Aug 6, 2017
AR
Hello everyone.

I work in the field of alarm center monitoring, mostly DSC brand. In this country there are still many clients with fixed telephone lines (PSTN, Public Switched Telephone Network), copper pair. Little by little the service providers are removing those cables and offering a telephone line through the modem/router so that the user keeps a telephone line at home.

When I want to use that line for the alarm center to report events, that is, replace the copper pair line with that modem/router line, I do not get reliable communication, dialing correctly but not establishing a connection. System events are transmitted to the central station using automatic Contact ID or SIA formats. Reports converted into electrical signals can be transmitted over the telephone line, they must be converted into binary signals, that is, into ones (1) and zeros (0) or highs and lows

Are there any parameters to modify in the router?

Help document(It is not specifically for DSC alarm but it can be helpful)

Attachments

• 540095914-DSC-CONTACT-ID-REPORTING.pdf
    131.3 KB · Views: 1

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back