Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact centre rel.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjose

Technical User
Nov 10, 2004
CZ
Hi,

Does anybody know where can I find some CCT rel. 6.0 documentation ?
Among others I am curious in the fat client compatibility, TAPI 3.0 compatibility and database migration possibility.

Thanks in advance,

jj

This is still in Beta, and the general release is not due until December 14, this is why the documentation isn't out yet. I do know that the fat client no longer exists, everything is done from the web client. I also understand that TAPI is very different in this release, but I do not believe it will be available on the first general release.

As lretrievers says, there is no fat client (boo). TAPI has also been replaced by CCT. CC6 will also have its own CTI server.

I've got some general presentations if you want them, but no technical docs.

DD

johnjose,

You'll be able to upgrade from TAPI 3.0 to CCT, from SCCS 5.0/4.2 to CCMS, and from Web Client 4.5 to CCMA. Symposium Agent has gone away entirely. All will require a migration to Windows 2003 if they are not already there. Global Knowledge has been delivering training since October, so the docs are getting out there.

Thanks a lot for your responses. I just hope there will not be any database migration troubles.

jj

General Release got pushed back to December 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back