Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constantly updated Excel worksheet to open in a browser frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intelsuit

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
US
I am very new to Java Scripting and I am creating a web page with frames that will display the contents of an excel worksheet in the main frame.
The code below represents the left frame. The right frame is supposed to display the corresponding worksheet only, however it opens the entire workbook.

How can I limit the main frame's display to just the corresponding worksheet?
I know that it has to do with the way the link is setup but I am not sure how to correctly modify it.

Any help is GREATLY Appreciated!!!

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/html; charset=windows-1252&quot;>
<meta name=&quot;GENERATOR&quot; content=&quot;Microsoft FrontPage 5.0&quot;>
<meta name=&quot;ProgId&quot; content=&quot;FrontPage.Editor.Document&quot;>
<title>State Listing</title>
<style fprolloverstyle>A:hover {text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold}
</style>
<base target=&quot;main&quot;>

</head>

<body style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot;>
<p>&nbsp;<a style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot; href=&quot;Allstates.htm&quot;>All States</a><br>
&nbsp;<a target=&quot;main&quot; style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot; title=&quot;Installers in Alabama&quot; href=&quot;file://server/vol1/group/everyone/FIELD%20Installers%202000RO.XLS#AL!A1&quot;>Alabama</a><br>
&nbsp;<a target=&quot;main&quot; style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot; title=&quot;Installers in Alaska&quot; href=&quot;file://server/vol1/group/everyone/FIELD%20Installers%202000RO.XLS#AK!A1&quot;>Alaska</a><br>
&nbsp;<a target=&quot;main&quot; style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot; title=&quot;Installers in Arizona&quot; href=&quot;file://server/vol1/group/everyone/FIELD%20Installers%202000RO.XLS#AZ!A1&quot;>Arizona</a><br>
&nbsp;<a target=&quot;main&quot; style=&quot;text-decoration: none&quot; title=&quot;Installers in Arkansas&quot; href=&quot;file://server/vol1/group/everyone/FIELD%20Installers%202000RO.XLS#AR!A1&quot;>Arkansas</a><br>

</body>

</html>

Well, unfortunately I cannot do that. The user that updates the excel workbook is already upset that he now has several worksheets to deal with.
He used to have it all on one worksheet but the information was confusing to deal with and not easily sorted. I changed it to individual worksheets to create some order and to be able to easily reference the data.
Any other ideas?

Is the user supposed to be able to edit the data?

I would write a perl script that would display the excel sheet in a regular html table... this would give you a lot more control over the layout (such as which sheets are displayed). You could even create an online editing system using this method if you wanted to. -gerrygerry
Go To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back