Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constantly restarting services - is this normal for NICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
This is for NICE NIM 4.1 (release 47)

It seems like every other week we need to schedule after-hours maintenance windows for NICE to restart services (usually on one of our IC servers) and/or reboot loggers because an agent or group of agents stops recording. I don't think NICE goes more than two weeks without needing some sort of intervention from IT in order to keep it working correctly.

For those with NICE 4.1, is this normal? NICE support acts like it is, but none of the other voice related systems in our environment are this needy. And don't get me started about NICE Workforce Management, that thing needs daily service restarts and bi-weekly reboots or the memory leaks will bring it to a standstill for the web users. Again, NICE support says this is normal.

Thanks for listening.

What type of integration? Also, are there any integrations that are defined but not yet turned on? I would not accept this as WAD from Nice support. They should be able to give you a more detailed explanation, a work around, or a permanent solution.

We use Cisco VoIP/TAPI integration. We're usually having to restart the services on our Interaction Center servers about once a month, and sometimes reboot loggers, to correct problems with agents not recording voice or screen interactions. It just seems excessive to have to do this so often.

I have the same issue. I find that I'm constantly restarting services and servers. Thought there was something wrong with my system. Glad I'm not the only one(sorry). Now if only NICE support could figure out how to prevent so many failures with their system, now that would be great.

It's good to know I'm not alone. This past weekend was the first time in two months that I didn't have a NICE related restart scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back