Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constant JRun issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaLearn

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
US
Hi, everyone! We have been getting constant JRun errors which causes our site to crash. We are running CFMX 6.1 and using JRun 4. We have done everything we can but no matter what JRun errors persists to occur. We stopped and started CF, IIS, the entire servers on occasions, and no matter what after 2 hours or so, the same thing happens.
Even our hosting company is bewildered, and can't seem to find out why this happens.
Did some research on JRun and its issues and saw some forum topics where quite a few people have been experiencing the same thing in CFMX. Has anyone here had the same problem? If so, what worked for you? Our company has lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue, and our boss is going insane trying to solve this problem.
Went to Macromedia's site but couldn't find a definite solution to this. Anyone have any ideas/solutions?
Thanks a bunch.

what jrun errors are you getting and when are you getting them?

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

The error I get is:
Code:
Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. 
JRun closed connection.
I am getting this now. Usually we restarted CF and the site is fine, but we need to do this ever couple of hours. I just double checked, and seems we are using CF 6,1,0,63958, Java Version 1.4.2.
This is just ONE of the errors/problems we encounter. Sometimes it takes a verrry long time to get to the site, and then we get "Page cannot be displayed" or "Site not found".
What other info do you need?

I would get
Code:
Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. 
JRun closed connection.

with older versions of CFX_GIFGD anyone using that on the server? It doesn't have to be in your site. it crashes the entire cf server.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Hello. No we are not using 'CFX_GIFGD'. I checked our site and the server. Aside from getting that error we also "cluster not found" error.
This is soo confusing.
Thanks.

cluster not found? are you running a server cluster? maybe this will help no promises though.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back