Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Constant clean drive errors on 24x6 DAT on veritas

Status
Not open for further replies.

INsOMNIOUS

Technical User
Feb 12, 2001
GB
Hi We recently purchased a 24x6 DAT Surestore and we cannot seem to get it to work... every time we try to run a job on veritas it gives a loading for ages then the orange light flashes and says that it has worn media and needs cleaning the media is brand new and so I cannot understand how it is bad I have cleaned the drive using the HP cleaning tapes in EVERY slot available in the mag over 20 times and still no joy I have changed the terminator, the cable and also put it on its own scsi card (adaptec 2940 UW) I am running NT Server service pack 6

Using Veritas Backup Exec for NT/2000 Server 8.0 is there anything else I can do? could it be that the tape heads are damaged or am I doing something wrong in the installation? if someone has successfully installed a 24x6 external tape device please explain to me how you did it!

Thanks
Confused HP Customer

I remember having a similar problem. I have BE 8.0 on an NT4SP4 LH4 with DAT24x6. I had to first categorize (not catalog) the media within BE before I could use it. Check your media settings also. Try a backup using ntbackup to rule out the hardware and OS settings. If you can do that, you know it's BE configuration.

Regards,

Michael
Michael@PopeOnline.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back