Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consolidating Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSGuard

MIS
Jul 15, 2004
US

In a report I have a bunch of personal information for multiple people. They are listed in such a fashion:

Name
Address1
Address2
Address3
CityStateZip
HomePhone
WorkPhone1
WorkPhone2
etc...

When information isn't present I have the textboxes become invisible and the information then moves upward until it becomes fluent w/o spaces between them. That works fine, but when the next grouping of information starts, there is a large gap of space between the end of the 1st Persons Information and the Next Persons Information. I am assuming it is made from the textboxes that do not have any information in them. Is there a way to get rid of that unused space so that the records flow together right after one another?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can lend me.

When you say space are you talking about lines or actual space that are between words in a sentence?

Lines

It will Look like this

Bob
2034 W st
arlington, va 22202
703-656-6456
703-646-6456
Bob@Bob.com
-------------------------

Kevin
2034 W st
arlington, va 22202
703-656-6456
703-646-6456
Kevin@Kevin.com

Instead of Kevin starting just after the break line

Figured it out..

Can Shrink Property in the Detail Section was set to "NO", needed to be "YES". Thanks for the help hneal98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back