Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConsoleOne Snap-ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

satch

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2000
CA
whereintheheck do you you get ConsoleOne snap-ins. I need to be able to create printer objects.

PLEASE DONT send me to download.Novell.com, their webmaster OBVIOUSLY spent far too much time imitating microsoft.com, and its far too frustrating to use.

I'm using C1 1.3 on linux, and I can manage the printer once it is created, but i cant create a printer.

Strange? I went to and the latest ConsoleOne (v1.33) was on the front page as the 4th most popular download?

What's so hard about that? Even if it wasn't, choose "Product Updates/patches & files", then choose NetWare, choose your version of NetWare and there you go. -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I've found that when you run Console One from your workstation you will need to copy sys:\public\mgmt\consoleone\1.2 directory on top of the 1.2 directory on your workstation. Then you will get all the snapins that are on that server. There is also an application object that gets created called c1update that you could also run.

I've been there...they dont have the Snap-in for creating a printer object; its not like I didn't spend hours using their (IMO a P.O.S.) search engine,and browsing Novell.com BEFORE I posted here.

I have the latest C1 for my W/S, and they dont list any extra snap-ins.

THEY are supposed to be convincing ME to buy & use Netware; if I have to be a programmer and build my own tools, I'll just dump NW and build a linux solution.

Satch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back