Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console ring on another phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffgoza

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2002
US
Hi ~

Using a SX2000.

Is it possible to have an extension ring (on a key appearance) at the same time the PBX console does? I tried programming "7000" and "0" in the number field but it says the directory number is in use elsewhere.

Thanks!
Jeff

Nope, not going to happen.

Not even with the most recent 3300 IP controller.

SX2000? fugetaboutit

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

No way to make a key on the console appear anywhere else. On the SX2000 there was an attendant overflow feature that on overflow allowed another device to ring while the console continued to ring. Not sure if carried to 3300. Check help files for attendant overflow.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Attendant overflow is for a RAD to answer. It creates a listen only conference with whatever device answers. The call still needs to be answered at the Console.

What about if he got a sub-attendant set? I have a super console in my shop that i use call forwards and other technical stuff, but when i had the 'bell on' it would ring. (this was a SC-1000)

I also had a sub attendant compliant set to do the above programming but it was kludgy. Never checked to see if it could take calls.

Jim - Neither the SX2000 or the 3300 have Sub-Att capability, you're thinking about the SX-200

Now that is interesting! Still much, much more to learn.

If you have the option of using night 1 (instead of night 2) you can have the calls re-route to that extension.

The downside is making it dependent on the attendant physically making the switch.

ncmurf00

Original Request
Is it possible to have an extension ring (on a key appearance) at the same time the PBX console does?

"At the same time"... I don't think so

Correct. Just posing another option if it would suffice for the situation. Simultaneous ... no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back