Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console Defaults to night Mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maschineMitel

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
CA
Hello,

For some reason the console defaults to night Mode over the course of the day. it happens about 4 or 5 times. other then that, it works just fine.

The client tewlls me the programming is fine. they tried new consoles and they also reassigned ports on the Mitel.

Has anyone experienced this problem and was there a solution.

My experience tells me its software related, so before I pull a Cat5e 400 feet, I just wanted to check in case it was a setting or a power issue.

Thanks in advance for the help

What type of system? What s/w? If 2k look at COS for console and set "Attendant Busy-out Timer" to maximum (1440) This is also good for 3300 implementations.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

thank you for the response, here's the info i get

System 3300
S/w - 7.1.4.9_ 1

SC1000 - COS (1440 )

Error Message

Source; call control maintenance
DESC: MC330AB
SC1000
LOC: 0610800101

Set out of Service ...Loss of Communication

three seconds later set comes back on with following message

** Set has been returned to service **

Then operator sets it back to Day mode.

To me, loss of communication would indicate a cable issue. But , an intermittent tells me its something different, unless the House Cable has some frequency issue or something is impeding the transmission, which could be the patch panel port or even the termination blocks.

Anyhow, any help is appreciated.

I have seen pockets of static disable sets, and sometimes, even the user induces static problems. Very very rare but, i've winessed it.

OK look at the console's handset of headset cord. If the console thinks the headset/handset is disconnected it will switch to night service.

If you have any bridging clips in the circuit I strongly suggest you hardwire around them.

if it is a IP console , make sure they do not have any firewall on , or a layer two switch port issue

In order to isolate the problem, i've rexconnected a different pair on a different binderr of the house cable. We'll see if it goes down again.

I will post whatever happens.

As per the handset/Headset scenario, I can see the console going into night mode, but it loses connection then afer a few saeconds it comes back in night mode.

Ther system actually reports a loss of connection status. Anyhow, the headset is new and so are the batteries.

No bridging clips in the circuit.

Thanks people, i appreciate the help.

liv

There was an old problem in 2k where you couldn't connect a dnic console to a dnic card where there were a lot of display sets connected. I thought that problem was fixed though several years ago. Is this console running off of per node? If it is try moving it to a cicuit card that doesn't have many other sets connected.

I would check the RJ11 clip on the back. Sometimes with a cable plugged in, the consoles gets pushed against the back of the desk and it causes the RJ11 port to be come loose. If it's lose and the console gets touched (even a little) it will reboot, causing the system to go into Night 1 Mode.

SC1000-IP ... coming to a Mitel authorizedPARTNER near you...

When you say reboot, does the alarm condition say "Set out of Service...Loss of Communication" ?

or does it tell you that it rebooted.

I'm leaning towards some kind of induction on the house cable pair that causes intermittent. We'll know by the end of tommorrow.

If the condition reappears, Iwill try and replicate the condition by shaking the console cables at the desk.

I've had issues before with consoles on DNIC cards where the console is not on the 1st circuit. Not sure about the sc1000 but also with the ss7000 it had issues if more than 8 phones were programmed and active on the card.

In ref to the console on a DNIC card issue, I too recall the problem and at the time I believe Mitel suggested putting the DNIC console somewhere in the 1st half of the card along with a secondary recommendation to minimally populate the card with other display sets (if possible). This had something to do with resources particularly on a busy switch.

For what it's worth, I've seen this problem with the DNIC att consoles on a 2K "losing connectivity" occasionally. On the SS-700 the screen message states "Communications Failure".

Hello fellow techs,

Well the console was more stable today after the rexconnect. but now the client informed that the set went in ABSENT mode and she had to use the function keys to bring it back to normal.

Any thougths.

Just a note ; sometimes clearing up the language used between client and tech can save alot of time.

This client kept saying the set was down, for a tech that means its dead, I would assume that when it goes into ABSENT mode , its still connected, given she's able to function it back to normal mode. Or pehaps I am wrong, the said is Dead and lost connectivity when its went into Absent mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back