Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

console cs1000e

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxgirltech

Programmer
Oct 9, 2006
US
We use a console on cs1000e and would like to somehow have the calls "transferred" to another location when receptionist is not available. I would like to find out what options we could use to send these calls to other users with "regular" digital or IP sets?

If this is realy a "Console", you can define a Night number in the Customer Data block (NIT_DATA), and when the console goes into Night, the calls will ring the other location.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

problem is that it needs to go to another user during day time as needed, but to the regular "night" number at close of business???

Then set the Night by Time of Day. That is what NIT1, NIT2, etc do. You will need to look it up but it is conveniently listed in the feature books as "Night Service"

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thank you for replies! problem with that is that it will go to programmed location at time set when in busy, then to other loaction at time set when in busy....however, the fill in during the day will be different locations (extensions) at different time. I am looking for a way to send the calls to any number we need to at any time necessary, without having to change the programming each and every time

It sounds like you don't really need a Console at all, since many times of the day, it is not used. I would just replace it with a phone that has a CFW key.

The other option is put a phone next to the console; have the Console Night to that phone; forward that phone anywhere you wish.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

You could always assign an Alternate Attendant DN, which would allow missed calls to go to Alternate without changing Time of Day controllers etc. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back