Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console Command to Clear Domino Cache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abeuw

MIS
May 23, 2001
CH
Hi there.

When removing someone from a server deny access list, and placing them into a server access list in the Domino Directory, the user still gets a "you are not authorised to access server" message. I usually need to wait quite some time or restart the server before he can access it again. Is there some command to make the server clear it's cache and stop referring to it, so that it will recheck the access list immediately after? Thanks!

On the server console type this command
load updall
this will refresh all the views and thereby the message should stop being displayed.

Have you got multiple servers ? You may need to replicate the names.nsf to the other servers as the deny lists are in the names.nsf. To show what is in the cache, type: "show stat database.dbcache.*" (without the quotes). To clear it, type: "dbcache flush" - I got that one from the admin help searching for "dbcache"

Thanks for the suggestions. I did do a manual rep to the server in question, and thereafter even opened the names.nsf replica on that server to check it out but it still didn't allow the user in. I also did a flush of the cache with no result. Unfortunately I can't follow Jigu's solution because the names.nsf we have is quite big (couple of hundred MBs and over 50,000 docs). Running updall in the past slowed the server access to a crawl, and during the updating of the hidden user/group list and server access (I think something like $serveraccess) ALL users lost access because the server was busy updating the views which allow the users access in the first place! So for the user today he had to wait a few hours before being able to access that server, which is his home mail server. He was able to access other servers just fine.

I know this one is a long shot, but if you are using groups to control server access and denial, the server denial over-rides the server access (I am pretty sure of this one). If the user has a local replica of the names.nsf (prob not), make sure that is a current one because if his local copy says he cant access the server and the server copy says he can, then he wont be able to. Have you enabled "Check passwords on Notes ID's" on the security tab of the server document and the users document. If you have, and he has changed his password on another copy of his ID file then he would be denied. Maybe he is denied through nested groups - go to the people and groups page in the admin client, choose "Manage" from the Groups tools on the right, click on the username on the left and the "only Member hierarchies" radio button on the top right. This will show all the groups that the user is in, you may find something there that is denying him.
hope that helps some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back