Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console Call Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rim

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
IN
I need help from you for implementing the following features. I have a Meridian 11c with Call Pilot.

If the operator on Meridian Console wants to transfer a call to the user who is busy on the line. She should be able to transfer the call to the busy line so that the call is in queue for the user and the user can attend the call after disconnecting his first call. When the user is busy he should also get some indication eg, beep tone , so that he knows that there is a call in queue for him and he can take the call when he finishes with the first caller.

Hi rim,

Looks like you're asking for ACD features. The user's phone must be converted to an agent phone, if you want these feautures. So, what you need to do is create one ACD group, and tie this agent phone to that group.

The operator will have to transfer to that ACD group number. You can refere to LD 23 and 20 for ACD/agent programming features.

Hope this helps.

Dear JurgenV,

Thanks a lot. I will try it out and inform you accordingly. It will be also really helpful to me if you can go through my other posts and inform me if those can be implemented or not. Thanks again.

Regards,
Rim

Hi Rim,

You can to use the AUTOMATIC CAMP ON feature. This feature allow transfer calls to the busy line. The call is camp in the system, the person heard music in Hold all time. When the user disconnected your first call, the new call is presented to him.
You can read the feature in the Software Feature Guide in the NTP.
Good luck.

Javier Anchundia

If you have voice mail, I would think you would want the caller to go to the users voice mail box. If the user has a rollover line on thier phone, make sure promt LHK is set to 1, then HUNT and FDN would be set to voice mail dn, and CLS would have FNA, HTA.

This would allow the user the option of taking the call (getting a beep or ring for the second line) or letting the call go to voice mail (its the boss calling)

This is the most common setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back