Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console animations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I hope ya dont laugh but im only 10 years old, i want to learn because i want experience for when im older.

Im still programming in C++ DOS-Console windows at the mo but ive been waiting for to do DOS animations forever...!!

If it exists can sumone tell me how to do it cause i think ill go onto GFX when i can do that.

-MeeZy

Kid if your really ten years old don't wory about what is going to happen in 20 years kay. If your good at doing this stuff then keep on doing it if you like it. I don't know that much about game stuff but you might want to pick up an api. One you might like and is pretty simple is allegro. Go to google.com and do a search for this and you will be happy. also(if you are really ten years old) don't feel stupid to ask a quesiton, because you are only stupid if you don't ask. later

Programming when you're ten is so cool. If I'd only heard of "C" back then, I wouldn't have started with Apple IIe BASIC. ( =

If you're doing C/C++, the only way to manipulate the console I know of is to use "ncurses"... go to and find it. It might be WAY too big for what you want to do, but it'll get the job done...

I'm not too sure about this, but maybe you could also look into the special characters... '\n' makes a newline, '\t' makes a tab... there's a hexadecimal code for backspace, too, which the DOS window will faithfully do... maybe '\x08' or something... that might make the cursor go backwards so you can write over characters on the console. Like I said, I'm not too sure...

If you want help using "ncurses" (the older version is called "curses"), see if you can get the book Programming with Curses put out by O'Reilly. It'll get you started in no time. ( =

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back