Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Console and Telnet Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantrab

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
GT
Hello all. I'm having big troubles trying to get this work. I have a catalyst 4506 switch. Since I connect all my network to it, I can have access to the console, it does not respond to anything until y reboot the switch, but when I try to "sh run" or "wri mem" the console stops responding again. Know I have the same problem on my telnet sessions first I was not able to "config t" and now I can't even access to the switch. I do some research and found some problem about the low priority processes. I try to change the scheduler to "scheduler 500" in order to make all this work but it seems not. Can somebody please help me find my problem.

Thanks in advance

Gerardo

Do you have an output of what happens when the console stops working? Like an error message or anything?

no it just freeze, and no response at all. I try to reconnect to the console and get no response. I just hangs. The switch works fine, and telnet sessions work for a while and later the same thing.

thanks in advance

I've looked all over Cisco's web site for any bugs that would match your specific conditions. None were found. I would suggest replacing the hardware/SUP module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back