Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConSLOWOne

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSWNET

MIS
Aug 29, 2002
US
Is everyone else finding ConsoleOne to be painfully slow? I am running it from a Win98 workstation with PII 300 workstation with 320MB RAM and it seems to take forever to move around! I am using IManage for some other things, and NWAdmin as well, both work great and very quickly. If Novell wants us all to move to ConsoleOne, there better be a quicker version coming down the line!!!!

What version you running?
1.3.3 is the latest.

Are you running from the server? If so copy the console1 directory locally and run it. 1.3.3 works fine for me on w2k running localy.

Also, if you aren't on nw6 check you have got the latest jave version. This speeds c1 up. Lee Smith
Associated Network Services
Snr Systems Engineer
Lee.Smith@ANSPLC.Com

Yes, we are running 1.3.3. NW6, sp2; copied it to local drive and it does run much faster. Thanks!

Hi

Yes Console one is deathly slow and guess what...Novell is moving away from Console one and going to web based management. I believe Novell has losts its focus on good management tools... NWadmin was great, it had some snapin issues but it was no worse than any other of their attempts at a management tool.

Just make sure you have consoleone installed on your local harddrive and have the latest console one installed. I have both the latest NWadmin and consoleone loaded on my local hd to help speed it up.

I have two versions of NWadmin installed on my local hd, one has snapins for Zenworks, and the other is just to manage my bordermanager servers. NWadmin with Zenwork snapins take forever to load but without those snapins it just rocks!!

I tend to favour NWadmin which is going to be extinct soon...so you have to do what you have to do to use Novells latest tools...

have fun...

Vaughn Netware CNE 5.x

I agree, their management tools are not that great. NWAdmin is quick, and easy to use, but with NW6 there are things that can only be accomplished using ConsoleOne. The web manager (Imanage) is pretty nifty to look at but is very limited, especially for user management. Three programs pretty much necessary to manage NW6.

Hi

I remember when Novell was bragging that you needed ONLY NWadmin to do ALL your network support. They ran M$ tools into the ground because of all the different tools needed to do the support. Now Novell with all its has been tools to me is a joke, seems M$ may have the last laugh.....

Vaughn
CNE 5.x Netware CNE 5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back