Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Considering Adding IP office to my Nortel line

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvNortel

Vendor
Dec 8, 2012
US
I have been installing Nortel for a long time and since Avaya bought them I am considering their product line. A friend in the business showed me an 80 station user system and I was impressed.

What feedback can you guys give me. For example, reliability, customer satisfaction, ease of use by customers, cost, refurb market, etc..

Thanks!

"A phone is a phone and not a computer workstation".

P.S. Can you suggest a small in shop system I can buy to start training on at my office?

when you ar an avaya business partner then you can bu a demo system.
it is an investment (around 2500 dollar i think) but you have all kind of licenses so that you can play and demo the system.
you just have it all onva small base.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

My company plopped a ip500v2 . a combo card and 5 phones on my desk about2 years ago now and said figure it out.

It's a lot easier to learn then the bcm

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

Thank you. Yes, BCM is a little complicated. Glad to hear IP is easier. My friend also taught himself. He was thrown into the position to handle 8 sites throughout the US.

I like the way the screen scrolls to the left or right to show up to about 8 different features next to the buttons. The screen I asaw was bright and easy to read but was not adjustable and the glare from the ceiling lights made it hard to read. It reminded me of the old M series Meridian sets. No adjustable screen. The T series is adjustable.

Since I am use to using only a single pair handset I guess I will not have to adjust to POE or power supplies. On an Avaya IP system what pairs are used for data and power? For example is it like the Partner system one pair for the set and one for power leaving the other two for a second set? Or is it going to use up all 4 pairs?

Thanks

Stand is adjustable. 9620 adjustable screen. Use contrast in settings.
7,8 for power. data on 4,5/3,6. Way more than 8 features.

I do like the fact that a via does continue to support the Nortel handsets under there platform. How large can the IP Office grow to for example can it handle 500 or a thousand can it be networked can it work with independent systems around the country of different off

The IP500 can go up to 384
The IP office server edition can go up to 500
It can be networked together.
IP500 goes up to a 1000 and the server edition is now 1200 but will be more in the near future.

But get yourself a SSO acocunt and go to For the technical manuals you need a SSO account.
This is also needed for downlaoding the software so you will need it anyway.

You have a lot of questions and qw can give you many answers but the best one is to contact Avaya and get someone to tell it all.
Also get an account for and search for IPOffice and start with the free courses if they are still there.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

thanks for all the information. one more quick question. With Nortel there was always a problem with centralized voicemail for the big systems. Is this possible with IP one centralized voicemail for all these big installations consolidated together? Thank you

As per previous posts I've seen regarding reusing Nortel phones on IP Office, I've finally been convinced NOT to reuse the digital sets. Just finished an install where there was a mix of IP and T series and by end of the day, all of the digital sets lost their programming so now the sales manager who thought it was a great idea to reuse, is now scrambling to locate more IP sets for this customer.

wasn't the system's database and configuration backed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back