Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ConnectString CR10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedew1

Programmer
Oct 26, 2005
DE
hello,
I have a question about Connect String in CR10.
CR10 connect to SQL SERVER.
Is that possible that I put Connect string to SQL SERVER as Parameter ??

bye,

Hi,
If you mean can you change the datasource based on what the parameter value is, then, as far as I know,no, not in CR itself ( You can in a VB app that uses CR, however)..

Reports designed in Crystal are strongly bound to the Datasource used at design time and cannot change it 'on the fly' without using tools from the SDK in an application that 'wraps' the report execution with custom code.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

hello,
It may be by VBA :) The question is "HOW" :) ?
Anybody have an example , how Can It do ??

bye ,:)

hello:)
I can't find any example how to assign ConnectString to the Crystal Report as parameter:(
I want in VBA to point DataSource to backup database if primary base will damage

bye

Hi,'
I believe that it would not be a parameter in the report itself, it would be a form item ( or other user input method ) that then passes the choice to the Crystal Report object..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back