Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to mail server through a VPN line

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAGH

Technical User
Mar 11, 2003
GB
I have several users who connect to our Notes server via a VPN connection. One of my users can connect to our server, can view his mailbox but cannot send mail. All my other users have exactly the same setup (i.e. operating system, laptop make and model, etc. The error message that appears is as follows:

"Network operation did not complete in a reasonable amount of time; please retry : mail.box"

I have increased the time-out duration to 60 seconds. (This did not work.)

Does anybody have any suggestions before I perform a complete re-install.

Thanks in Advance

Hi I have the exact same problem. If you get a fix for it please notify me.

Thanks,

Martin

Are your users using a local copy of their mailfile and replicating or using a server copy?

We had similar problem. Increased timeout to 120 secs, in some case I also recreate the mail.box and in others, just a simple release and renew of the IP address worked?

Do any of your users have problems pinging the DNS names of yuor servers? Lamaar75@hotmail.com

I had the same problem, managed to solve it by changing the MTU in the registry, was on 1400, changed to 576 and now works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back