Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection to a Linked Table 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scking

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
US
I'm currently in the process of upsizing an Access 2000 database to a .adp file connected to a SQL Server database. The application test each table to determine whether the DAO Connect property had a value indicating it was linked to another database. This is driving a change from DAO to ADO for data access so I need to establish an alternate means of checking whether a table is linked or local. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------------
scking@arinc.com
Try to resolve problems independently
Then seek help among peers or experts
But TEST recommended solutions

There are no local tables in an Access Data Project (ADP). The project can have an active connection to a single SQL Server database (CurrentProject.Connection) that is set up using the File, Connection... menu options.

All table connections in a project to any other databases (SQL Server, or Access MDB, or whatever...) are made in VBA code using ADO or DAO objects.

I see your point. So my function IsTableLinked is OBE for any ADP files. All links made using the 'Get External Data' menu are turned into queries rather than linked tables. A little more exploration would have proved this without me bothering you. Thanks for your answer.

scking@arinc.com
Try to resolve problems independently
Then seek help among peers or experts
But TEST recommended solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back