Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection through ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casiopea

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
ES
I have an oracle database and through access I connect to the database usign ODBC, but when I open a linked table from access, I can see no field values and, each field has #¿Name?
When I select the odbc connection to select the database and the table, I can see the tables, I can select it, but I cannot open it (it gives the error). Instead of openning it, I try to make a query trowing the error ora-03114.

Casiopea,

The ORA-03114 error results from your program not successfully connecting to Oracle prior to your query. The solution is first to troubleshoot the ODBC connection to Oracle.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

By the way, Casiopea, if you reply and I don't, it's because it is 03:13 locally and I'm headed to bed now. (I'll reply again, if needed, when the sun rises. <grin>)

[santa]Mufasa
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

I test the connection through "oracle odbc driver connect" and it says "connection successful". The problem is from access. The user I use to connect it lets me open tables created in other schemas but not the last one I have created.
In fact in a few tables when I try to open them, I can see the name of the fields and the number of the rows, but not the values #¿nombre?
Weird, isn't it?

Just a quick question, Casiopea...Did you issue a COMMIT statement from the same session in which you performed the INSERT(s)? (Until you COMMIT, you cannot see the data from another session.)

[santa]Mufasa

I have deleted the rows in a table, I have inserted them again, I have made commit, and I was very happy to see that it worked, I could see the values.
So I decided to do it with other tables, but on the second table I tried it didn't work. I have even dropped this second table, I have inserted just one row through sql*plus instead of using visual basic and I still have the same problem.
Desperated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back