Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection S8700 - G700

Status
Not open for further replies.

schaw

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
SI
Hi,

I'd like to know how s stack of G700s is connected to S8700. Is evry G700 connected to the network or just one G700 in whole the stack.

To G700 will be connected analog phones.

Thanks,

I have the Avaya connectivity guide that may be of use to you. Leave your email address and I will happy to foward you a copy.

Mikey

If the G700's are in a stack config, then only one needs to be hooked to the network. Depending on how many G700's are in the stack and how much in speed the uplink is. I would only put maybe 2 G700's per 100MB uplink, just to be safe.

Hope this answers what you're looking for

BuckWeet

Hey Mikeydidit, would you share that Avaya connectivity guide with me too? I am at jarvis.ronald@dol.gov thanks much

I have only one that's connected tot the network in a stack of four (with one s8300).

Pretty soon I'll be connecting a second one (just for redundancy). It took some time to find out how two network-interfaces should be connected to a cisco catalyst switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back