Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Refused 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
US
I have a PC that is refusing the CMS supervisor agent religously. I've done a reinstall of the CMS and removed the logins from the equation.

Is there anything that I might check on the PC that might be causing the problem?

thanks,

What version of CMS are you trying to access? Some issues of CentreVu Supervisor are version specific. For example, you need CVS V11 to log into a V11 CMS, but V11 CVS vill not work with any other version of CMS. CVS V9 is compatible with V6, V8, & V9 CMS, but you must define the version when you add the IP address.

One other thing to check is that the user's shell is set to /usr/bin/cms. You can check that by typing 'grep <user name> /etc/passwd'. If it's not set to /usr/bin/cms, you can change it from the console by typing 'admintool' from the '#' prompt and modifying the user information.

Kevin

I have defined the address. It is V6 (that we are connecting to) using Supervisor v9 I believe.

I'll look at the Unix stuff. :)

thanks,

What do you mean with &quot;removed the logins from the equation&quot;? CMS is a Unix-system which requires you to log in: if you remove a certain login from CMS, that user no longer has access to the CMS-system.

I've checked the logon and her &quot;shell&quot; is /usr/bin/cms.

What else can I check?

thanks,

Open CVS V9 on the client PC. Click on Connect and CMS Servers. Click on the CMS server that you are trying to access. Click on Properties. Maks sure that the Server Version field is set to V6. If not, you have to remove the server and re-add it, specifying V6.

Kevin

Also, make sure you are not exceeding your license for maximum simultanious supervisor logins.

It would say explcitly if it was a lisence problem. I will check the logon version number on the client PC.

I think it would help if you told us the exact error message you get...
Can you ping the CMS server from that PC?

Yes, it can be pinged.

It says litterally &quot;The connection was refused.&quot;

MISguy,
can you telnet into the CMS using the same useraccount, rather then the cms client ?
and if not, will it work if you use another user like cmssvc or root?
The &quot;The connection was refused.&quot; message looks more like a OS message to me, rather then a CMS message.
To make sure;if it blocks root from that machine, and it doesn't from others, it's specific to the workstation, as the root shell is /USR/BIN/CSH rather then cms.
If you can log in with another useraccount it's the specific user account.
Then just create one with a diffrent account name
Try to see if it works with telnet,then we can help you from there.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back