Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection problems SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg2002

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am having problems connecting to a database residing on a SQL Server2000 machine. However, when creating dimensions I can browse the data. It goes wrong when trying to process a cube. The error I am getting is :
Data source provider error: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.;42000; Time:12/09/2002 9:00:41 AM

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Borg

Hi,

check if your account is in OLAP Administrators group!

bye,
Andrej

Thanks Andrej,

I'll give it a try...

Cheers
Borg

I'm having Analysis Services installed on my PC and want to use a database on a SQL Server. I have read and write access. I manage to create a connection and even create a dimension. But when I want to process a dimension, I get the error "Data source provider error: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'."

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Borg

I am not able to browse data.. The moment I click on browse data it gives an error "Unable to browse the cube "sales" unspecified error. I get connected to the server and connection is not a problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back