Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Pooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSeriesCodePoet

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Hello all, I am going to be starting to create a website in JSP/servlets and would like to find a good, easy to use, open-source connection pool. I am looking for any suggestions. As always, I prefer something that can be used crossplatform and cross application server. Mike Wills
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]

Most Application Servers and JDBC Drivers come with built-in connection pooling software. I suggest you use that.

The jakarta project has a connection pooling package in the commons subproject. I suggest you check that out if your app server doesn't have one. The newer versions of Tomcat use this for their container based connection pooling.

... I have started to look at it some. I guess I will just have to dig into a bit more. At first it looks confusing. Mike Wills
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]

Try o'reilly's Servlet Programming book - they have a good connection pool example and its easy to understand - can download example from o'reilly site too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back