Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection failure error on sqloledb

Status
Not open for further replies.

roswald

Programmer
Jul 6, 2002
US
We are on Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 Database and when running a bat file using ISQLW (which is the same as running Query Analyser) I will sometimes get the following error after being connected for a few hours already, for some reason the connection gets broken and this error is generated as I see it in my output file....
(130 row(s) affected)

(1074116 row(s) affected)

(946687 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 60
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Connection failure]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ICommandText::Execute returned 0x80004005: ].

Notice that the connection was broken while in the middle of running the script (It is on one of many select, update statements).
Does anyone have any insight into what is going on here?

Am I reaching some type of threshold and the connection is then terminated?

bob

what exactly is there in Line 60??? are you connecting to some other server???

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Line 60 is the select statement that was processing when the connection was broken. It is almost as if there is some type of threshold being met that is causing the connection to be broken, like a timeout or something, because this only happens with very long running queries, but if I run that query in Query Analyser it will always complete without any problems.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back