Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connection Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaygupta

Programmer
Mar 24, 2003
IN
1-When I refreshing a report some time I am getting the Msg" connection error or sql statement error" (popup), after that to msg box poup, after press ok and agin press refresh then only report will refresh...

can any one help me, I donot want this msg.

2- any macro code -to get avoid this msg till the time report refresh.

ajay.........

If this occurs "sometimes" it is more than likely a connection error to the database? Your BO report connects to a universe, which in turn connects to a database. It sounds like at the time of running the query, your physical connection from universe to database is lost?
Check with your DBA to see if there are connectivity issues causing the problem?

Also, make sure your connections are set to "disconnect after each transaction". The default is to keep the connection open for a minute. But, if the database kicks you out, then BO can't get you back in. Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Hi Ajay,
When u get this message click on the detail button on the msgbox. this will give u clear idea the source of error

hi, Steve, subhashab

thank for reply,

details of error
error code - DA0005,
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel :-3113

I want to elemite this popup msg- error msg when I am refreshing the report.is there any way to get rid of this msg. any macro (VBA ) code to by pass this msg. or when I am refreshing four report one by using macro. I mean i am usning while ...wend loop. inside can i write some code to by pass this msg. when ever there is error on refresh, i want till the time it will not come out from the loop. mean refresh till the time report will not refresh.

rgs
ajay

Hi ajay,
there is no need to do any work around. just consult oracle for the resolution of the error. this has something to do with the tns , net configuration and listener.

Why do you want to Bypass this message?? Isn't required to highlight the user that there is some problem in refreshing or getting the data for the reports.

hi, sridharan

thanks for response.

I need bypass because I have made few reportand setting the autorefresh at a define time.

rgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back