Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connection busy with results for another hstmt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
this message pops up when I try to enter a new record into a local table on an unbound form with a subform linked to a local table. For some reason if I wait about 8 seconds between loading the customer info onto the main form from a sql server data source, and entering the new record in the subform, the message will not pop up. ??? Any idea why the time delay causes the error not to happen? My users are not that patient.

Thanks from John

Think I had this before...

Perhaps ADO/RDO/DAO is fetching rows in the background and won't let you re-use the recordset/cursor until it is finished.

Just a thought. Good luck
Daniel

I think I found the problem, not for sure... What was happening was, I set the recordsource for another form on my tab control to a passThru-query. If the user clicked on that page to view the information, there was no problem. However if the user did not view the information and instead just started working on the first page, the error came up. So I just chamged the code to set the recordsource for the other form only if the user clicked on it. Worked!!
But I just hate it when I don't know why that made a difference.*(&^%(^%) grrrrr......
Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back